Monday, January 23, 2012

2012: Looking forward

Back again!  As I was drafting this post, my computer died a horrible death.  But the kindly doctors at our local Mac shop were able to revive it (finally.)  It's been a challenging couple of weeks, but I'm back with you, and hope to keep up some regular posts from now on.  Here's that post from a few weeks ago... and I'll be back tomorrow with more reminders that we ALL should be taking good care of ourselves.

Since I did a post about looking back on 2011, I want to spend some time looking forward, too. 






What are your goals for the year?
I'd like to keep on with the goals I made last year.  I aim to exercise regularly (at least an hour a day, and I'm aiming for 6 days each week.)  I'll strive to eat mindfully, setting up a food plan each week and adhering to it.  I've returned to my food journal, and that really helps.  I want to keep expanding my freelance writing career.  I plan to blog regularly.  Tom and I have a schedule in place for our screenwriting projects; before the end of the year, I would like to send out queries to agencies.

What are you looking forward to in 2012?
Over the holiday, I was invited to kidnap babysit my nephew B, my niece J, and my godson (also nephew) C this summer, for as long as I am able.  We haven't worked out specifics yet, but I'd like to host them here in Los Angeles for a good long chunk of it.  My nephew Z and niece T also expressed an interest in visiting over their spring break.  We've already gone mad with ideas for various entertaining outings with all of them.  It's going to be a challenge, I'm sure - we don't have kids of our own yet - but one that I'm really excited to undertake.

 Are there any big changes on the horizon?
Not that I can see.  Last year was full of change, and I am hoping this year will be a year of building on those changes.  Of course, so many big changes come by surprise.

Do you have any vacations in the works this year?
We were hoping to make it out to NYC in February, to spend time with family and catch a couple of shows that are on our radar.  It's looking less likely, as Tom's on hiatus between shows, and we splurge less during hiatus times.  I'm sure we'll swing at least a weekend getaway before he's back and active.  And I'm hoping we can take a trip later in the year - we've been talking about Hawaii, Florida or London over the past few years. Of course, considering our house guests this year, we always love playing tourist in our own town.  And LA's an excellent place to do that.

Any film/tv/music/book you're looking forward to?
I can't wait for the return of Mad Men.  It's been too long!

At the end of the year, what would you like to have accomplished?
Ideally I'd love to be signed with a screenwriting agent.  And I'd love to lose another 70 pounds (continuing my progress in a moderate, healthy way.)  Also, before I left for Christmas, I saw a very slight woman take her photo opportunity with Richard by holding him up in her arms.  When I saw that, I thought, "hey, that's a great goal. By the end of next year, I want to be able to lift Richard Simmons up in my arms."  How weird am I?

What small changes can you include in your life right now, to move you in that direction?
My food journal and daily exercise will help me with the weight and strength goals.  My daily writing schedule is helping me toward the agency goal.

Imagine it's the end of 2012.  Presuming the Mayans were incorrect about the apocalypse (because they were), how would you describe the year in four words or less?
Good rewards for good work.

1 comment:

  1. I remember how in awe you were watching the woman carrying Richard! :)

    ReplyDelete