Saturday, March 12, 2011

Back to Blogging

It's been a long time since I've blogged, and so much has happened! It's been a time of positive change, and I can hardly believe how circumstances aligned to allow for that positive change.  I had the chance to write about it for Richard Simmons' website.  Yes, Richard Simmons. That Richard Simmons. The one who was my imaginary friend when I was 5. He is, in fact, very real... and he's been our champion and our cheerleader since early January, when my amazing friend David introduced us.

Richard featured Tom and I as his "Salute to Success" for March, and you can read the stories we wrote for him, here.  As of Tuesday, I am down 27 pounds, and Tom is down 21.7!

Our before-and-after, January 11 to March 1


It was an honor to be selected, but writing our story was an emotional and challenging experience for both of us.  In the end, it's been amazing to be able to reach out and help people who have had similar experiences. I'm glad we were able to share our ongoing journey.  And that made me think... perhaps it would be good for me, and for others, if I kept sharing my ongoing journey.  So here I am, back to blogging.  Hello, world!

No comments:

Post a Comment