Monday, April 11, 2011

Friend Makin' Monday, plus Richard Simmons dressed up as a pink poodle

So I have been waiting with bated garlic breath, for the Slimmons staff to post this video from class last Saturday.  It's excellent for a few reasons.  For one thing, Richard is dressed up as a french poodle.  And for another, two drop-ins for class came in full Let's Get Physical regalia, and the sight of them shakin' it with Richard was an absurdist's dream come true.

For another view of the day, if you check out the video below, you can see me, and also pretty much everyone I've gotten to know at Slimmons (Hi, Ro! David! Laura! Lindsay! Kyle! Tom!)



And now, for a little...


1) What is your favorite part of an average day?  Possibly right after I exercise, because I always feel good if a little sleepy, and the least stressed I feel all day.

2) Is there one food that you eat every single day?  My one staple is probably greek yogurt, which I eat for breakfast or in smoothies.  I also use it for a mayo replacement in any number of mayo-based salads (egg, tuna, shrimp, crab, seven layer.... just kidding, I don't eat seven layer salad anymore.)

3) Are you an early bird, or do you prefer to sleep in late?  I get more done when I get up early and go immediately to my schedule.  (If I get up late, or if I dawdle in the morning, it's hard for me to get back on track.)

4) Share one thing that you're looking forward to doing this week.  I'm looking forward to seeing my family in Indiana! I'm taking a redeye on Thursday to catch a performance of The Secret Garden, in which my eldest nephew is playing Archibald Craven, and for which my second-eldest nephew is the special effects technician.  It will also be excellent to see the whole gang including my dad - none of them have seen me since I started the plan in January.

5) What's for dinner this evening?  Our lunches are typically more dinner-like than our dinners (for calorie balance purposes.)  So I'll share both.  For lunch, I had a cup of ratatouille, four seared scallops, and 1/3 cup baked sweet potato wedges.  For dinner, I'll be having my usual chicken/red pepper/brie/spinach wrap, a cup of mashed turnips, and a small scoop of edamame salad.

How about you - what are your answers?

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love that you are doing friend makin Monday... I feel like I am learning so much about you, and I should reciprocate and join in the fun ;)

    1) What is your favorite part of an average day? My workout. Good or Bad, I get out and do it, at least 5 days a week. I, like you, think the post exercise feeling is the best :)

    2) Is there one food that you eat every single day? Greek yogurt for me too! and Flax meal, mixed in my morning oatmeal :)

    3) Are you an early bird, or do you prefer to sleep in late? I prefer to sleep in late. But, it happens about once a week. Sadly, sleeping in for me is now 8 o'clock. Darn my internal clock!

    4) Share one thing that you're looking forward to doing this week. Completing my final official rotation - on to research for the next 3 months!

    5) What's for dinner this evening? Garlic Green Beans and Fettuccini

    Love you Heidi - thanks for being one of the high points in my day :)

    ReplyDelete