I have all kinds of fun stuff in the works for this week - I can't wait to share it all with you. Today's post, since it's our last full day with Kenz and Kent, will be a short but sweet Friend Makin' Monday!
What makes you awesome? List at least five qualities/hobbies/habits make you cool and unique?
1) I have a good heart. I am full of love, I have a lot of positive energy, and I like to share that with the people around me. And now, thanks to all the exercise I've been doing, my heart is in physically good shape, too! I keep freaking out nurses with my good blood pressure. "Are you feeling OK? Shouldn't your blood pressure be higher?" Nope, I'm feeling just fine, I've been making my heart happy with knee-lifts and bicep-curls!
2) I'm creative. I live and breathe creativity. This comes out in so many different ways. From my writing to what we made last night for dinner. From my birthday parties (I once held a day-long creative retreat at the Old LA Zoo, where we drew, acted, danced, and made impromptu performance art) to the way that I dress... I don't feel complete unless I'm expressing myself in a creative way.
3) I'm brave. When the time is right, I'm not afraid to take a gigantic step toward making my life what I want it to be. For instance, when I moved to Los Angeles nine years ago, I came to the city without a job, an apartment, family or friends in the area. I knew I wanted to be here, and with the help of my parents, I made it happen. And over those nine years, I've built a career, I've established a home, I've started a (two-person and three-cat) family, and found support and love in a community of which I am proud to be a part.
4) I am a "fun aunt" to ten nieces and nephews. It helps that I'm the youngest sibling of both sides of the family, but I am proud to be an aunt that gets along with, understands, and appreciates each of them. I love them all to pieces. (And I can't wait to meet our newest one, little Charlotte! I hope I'll be one of her fun aunts, too.)
5) I love movies and television. LOVE. I don't talk about it much here on my blog, but I'm a complete nerd when it comes to the big and small screen. (And the stage, for that matter.) I have a great background of knowledge and experience as a watcher (and a maker) of movies, and that makes me an excellent person to recommend entertainment. If ever you're looking to watch something that will make your heart blossom like a spring peony, just ask, and I'll make a recommendation tailored to your tastes.
What are five awesome things about you? Do tell. (I want to know that you know you're awesome. And I want you to know that I know you're awesome.)
All right! I'll be back tomorrow with some exciting news AND an exciting link to my guest post on All the Weigh. Until then, take care of you!