Yesterday I was the majority of a continent away from my pop on Father's Day. This is one of the bummers of living in Los Angeles. But I'm really looking forward to him visiting in September. Lots of fun awaits us, Dad!
I'd like to dedicate today's blog to him. Thank you, Dad. You've been a wonderful example all my life - of warmth and loyalty, of grace under fire, of loving support. I will do my best to follow your example, all my life.
|It's good to know that you found my off-kilter perspective amusing even when I was wee.|
Thanks for encouraging me to stay weird. And thanks for growing those sideburns.
Also, it's Friend Makin' Monday...
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here and at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts.
FMM: Yes or No?
- Do you use coupons? Yes, a little, but the mailings we get seem to advertise sales, not offer coupons. We certainly shop the sales.
- Do you like football? Yes. I grew up in a University of Michigan Football household, so I'm predisposed to it. But it turns out, as an adult I just don't have the time, and it isn't interesting me as much. I actively dislike watching professional football, though. (Any professional sport, actually - no thanks.)
- Are you in a relationship? Yes, it's a marital one, and Tom makes me happier than I ever expected anyone could.
- Is your phone always within arm’s reach? No, not always. But often.
- Do you like thunderstorms? Yes, I do, and I miss watching them something fierce. Though I don't miss the damage they can cause.
- Can you cook? Yes, I can, and I've gotten better with more practice this year. I am not the household cook, though. I'm the household sous chef and baker.
- Are you – or have you – lost weight? Yes, 56 pounds as of last week.
- Do you know how to read a map? Yes, I do. Doesn't everyone?
- Do you wear makeup? Yes, but infrequently - and when I do, it's usually pretty minimal.
- Do you read regularly? Yes, probably every day.
- Are you publicly affectionate? Yes I am, but only in a PG kind of way. We are very hands-holdy huggy. We'll kiss if the mood strikes, but Tom is less overtly PDA-prone so it's a rarer display of affection.
- Do you like picnics? Yes, very much! I haven't had one recently and I'm so overdue.
- Do you have a/c? Yes, I have central air, but we're not using it very much this summer, for budgetary reasons.
- Have you ever been out of the country? Yes, to Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Italy, France, and a quick layover in England. Strange that I live this close to the Mexican border and have never been. I even speak Spanish.
- Do you know how to ride a bicycle? Yes, I do. Got on one for the first time in... maybe 10 years... and it was just like riding a bicycle. (Har har.)
OK, I'm off to try and be productive and not a flu-ridden slug today. I will try to take care of me, and I hope you will take care of you, too.